Dermatology | Seminole | Indian Shores | Madeira Beach
As the largest organ of the human body, your skin is pretty important, which is why taking care of it with regular dermatology checks are just as important. When you think about the fact that your skin protects all of your organs from the outside world, while also being the first thing people notice about you, you should probably consider seeing a dermatologist soon, who treats your skin, hair, nails, and the lining inside your mouth and nose. They can diagnose anything from skin cancer, to acne, to nail infections.
Don’t wait until you have a problem to see a dermatologist; maintaining a relationship with them will allow you to have healthier skin that will age better and have fewer wrinkles. Keeping up with healthy skin care habits will prevent a blotchy complexion, retain firmness, reduce fine lines, keep it from becoming leathery, and reduce your risk of skin cancer.
Here at the Seminole Family Health Clinic, near Redington, Indian Shores, and Madeira Beach, we can help you with your dermatology needs. Being so close to the beach, we know how the sun’s harmful rays can adversely affect your skin.
Healthy Skin Care Tips
At Seminole Family Health Center, we are near Redington, Indian Shores, and Madeira Beach, and we know how nice it is some days just to sit out in the sun. Unfortunately, if you aren’t wearing sunscreen, you could be inadvertently damaging your skin. We don’t want to tell you to avoid the sun at all costs; we just want to tell you to wear sunscreen every day.
Located so close to Redington, Indian Shores, and Madeira Beach, we know there are a lot of options for different types of sunscreen. While shopping, look for a brand that is labeled as “broad spectrum;” that will protect you from both types of UV rays, UVA and UVB. Also, look for brands that are water resistant, so that it will stay on even after you’ve been sweating or swimming. Always make sure to reapply though, since it won’t last forever! Lastly, pick a sunscreen you like. Don’t be afraid to open the bottle in the store and check out the consistency and scent. Make sure you like it, since if you don’t, you’ll be less likely to wear it every day.
Here are some other dermatology skin care tips that will keep your skin looking great:
- Protect yourself from the sun: Not only with sunscreen, but utilize sunglasses, hats, and long sleeves. Bring an umbrella to the beach with you, so you can relax in the shade.
- Never go to an indoor tanning bed: Tanning beds and sun lamps expose your skin to a harsher amount of ultraviolet (UV) rays. These will hasten skin aging and increase your risk of skin cancer.
- Use moisturizer: As you age, your skin will dry out, causing wrinkles to appear. Moisturizer will keep moisture in your skin, giving it a younger appearance and many are made with sunscreen as well.
- Don’t forget to use also lip balm.
- Wash your face: Dirt, makeup, and grime will stay on your skin, getting trapped in the pores. Thoroughly cleanse with warm water and a mild cleaner in the morning and before going to sleep.
How to Get Started
Here at Seminole Family Health Center, near Redington, Indian Shores, and Madeira Beach, our goal is to provide affordable health care to everyone. We want to provide you with preventative care, in order to better your overall health. For your minor dermatology needs, we can assist you! Feel free to make an appointment, or to just walk in, you will always be welcome. Call us today at 727-851-9910.