Diet and Weight loss | Seminole | Indian Shores | Madeira Beach
When it comes to diet and weight loss, it can be frustrating to not see results fast. However, if you want the change to become permanent, you will need to be patient and willing to make total lifestyle changes. Many people get caught up in fad diets, and these very rarely result in lasting changes. Conveniently located near Redington, Indian Shores, and Madeira Beach, the Seminole Family Health Center can help you get the body you want while still maintaining your health.When you come visit us at the Seminole Family Health Center, we won’t just tell you to start exercising and working out; we will create a physician directed diet and weight loss program, just for you. This will include a lipid (fat) analysis and education about nutrition and low glycemic impact eating. This plan will teach you how to create a healthy new life. So many diets these days are unhealthy, and even dangerous; we know that the first step to losing weight is staying healthy, and eating foods that are good for you. Coupled with our tests and some medications, we are confident that you will be happy with your new body.
How to Get Started
No matter of you have tried dieting before, or if you are determined to make some new changes, here at the Seminole Family Health Center, near Redington, Indian Shores, and Madeira Beach, we can help you. Our diet and weight loss program will not only create a unique plan for you, but we will keep you on track with routine weight checks, medication monitoring, and nutritional education. We want you to succeed in maintaining your new healthy lifestyle!
Your Initial Intake
When you make the decision to start your diet and weight loss, we will schedule an initial visit with you, to look over your health history, conduct a physical exam, and ask you about your short and long term goals. We are easily accessible to Redington, Indian Shores, and Madeira Beach, and many times we will hear about people wanting to feel confident going to the beach. By following our weight loss program, we know that you will be able to feel confident not only at the beach, but every day of your life, as well.
During your initial intake, we will also perform tests including blood work analysis, urinalysis, and EKG, to make sure we can create the perfect diet and weight loss plan for you. Depending on your age, gender, body size, and individual goals, you may qualify for some of our injectable medications that can help get the weight loss started. These include:
- MIC: Usually administered once a week, this is believed to work by increasing fat burning in the difficult to reach areas like hips and abdomen.
- Lipo-C: Administration for this compound differs for everyone, and enhances the liver and gallbladder’s role to speed up metabolism and decrease fat deposits.
- Vitamin B-12: Usually administered once a week, this solution increases energy, vitamin enrichment, and helps your metabolism.
Healthy Diet and Weight Loss Tips
It’s the little things that count the most when it comes to diet and weight loss. Having a positive outlook and making positive changes in your life will allow you to be more successful in your lifestyle change.
Some simple changes that can make a big difference in your life are:
- Think about the healthiest weight you’ve ever been and be realistic! Buy a new pair of pants in that size and hang them somewhere where you will see them every day. This small reminder of your ultimate goal will lead to the ultimate satisfaction when you finally can fit into them.
- If someone else in your house likes sweets, buy ones that you do not like. This way, you won’t be tempted to snack.
- Mix up your meals. Eating the same vegetables every day will get monotonous; buy different kinds, or experiment with different ways to prepare them to keep meals fun and interesting.
- When you go out to eat, replace the butter for your bread with olive oil. You’ll eat less bread and fewer calories, while still feeling full.
- Eat more things that grow, and less that walk. There should always be more vegetables and fruits than meat in your meals.
- Be patient! Changes won’t happen overnight, and for them to be lasting, you’ll need to put in the work before seeing lasting results.
For more information on our physician directed diet and weight loss plan at the Seminole Family Health Clinic near Redington, Indian Shores, and Madeira Beach, call us today at 727-851-9910!