Minor Emergency Care | Seminole | Maderia Beach | Indian Shores
You never know when a situation may arise and you need urgent medical attention. Unfortunately, if it is the weekend or after hours, finding a doctor might be nearly impossible, and the ER wait time for a minor emergency could be hours. Dr. Fred Leslie of Seminole, Maderia Beach, and Indian Shores offers minor emergency care at his walk-in clinic. If you find yourself in an urgent medical situation, visit us at the Seminole Family Health Center.
What is Urgent Care?
Did you know that out of the 100 million people that used the emergency room each year, nearly 70% of the cases were for non-emergencies? A medical emergency is something that is considered life threatening. Urgent Care centers are for minor emergency care, such as medical issues that may not be life threatening but should also be looked at or treated as soon as possible. In the event of a medical issue, it may be hard to decide if it is an emergency situation or just an urgent issue.
Emergency Medical Issues:
- Severe chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Serious head, neck, or back injury
- Pregnancy related issues
- Signs of heart attack or stroke
- Moderate or severe burns
- Serious knife or gunshot wounds
Urgent or Minor Emergency Care Issues:
- Fever or Flu
- Sprains or strains
- Vomiting, diarrhea, or dehydration
- Minor cuts that require stitches
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Minor broken bones or fractures
- Accidents and falls
- Eye irritation or redness
- Sore throat or cough
- Skin rashes or infections
- Moderate back problems
Benefits of Minor Emergency Care
There are many benefits to visiting an urgent care center rather than an emergency room or waiting for an appointment with your doctor. A medical emergency is never planned, and can be extremely costly at the emergency room. Studies have shown that a visit to the ER can cost six times more than a visit to a minor emergency care facility for the same medical problem. Check some of the major benefits to a clinic like ours here at Seminole Family Health Center:
- Costs– You can really save on things like copays or treatment costs if you avoid the ER for a non-emergency.
- Time– Our minor emergency care clinic is walk-in friendly, no appointment necessary! Waiting for an appointment with your doctor can be a hassle and adds to the time you go without seeing a medical professional.
- Quality Treatment– Our office is staffed by outstanding medical professionals that go above and beyond to ensure you receive the best care possible.
- Variety of Services– We are prepared to treat many different medical problems and can provide specific treatment to what you may need.
About Dr. Fred Leslie
Dr. Leslie is not just a regular doctor. He is an osteopathic physician, which means he works on treating the cause of your medical problem, rather than just treating the symptoms. He specializes in family primary care, as well as minor emergencies. Dr. Leslie also offers osteopathic manipulative therapy, where he will exam and treat the whole body, using techniques he learned throughout his four years of medical school, as well as his two additional years with musculoskeletal training. He is also a registered pharmacist and has been a board certified family physician for over 30 years.
Choose Minor Emergency Care
If you live in the Seminole, Maderia Beach or Indian Shores area or maybe are just visiting these beautiful beach towns, and need minor emergency care, be sure to contact Dr. Fred Leslie and his staff at The Seminole Family Health Center. We require no appointment, take most major insurances, and offer pre-paid discounts to patients without insurance. For more information, call our office today at 727-851-9910.