Family Physician | Seminole | Indian Shores | Madeira Beach | Redington
Whether you are new to the area or you are looking for a doctor that can specialize in all of your closest relative’s needs, family physician Dr. Fred Leslie has what you need in the Seminole, Indian Shores, Madeira Beach, and Redington Beach areas. Dr. Leslie offers many services, including care for any age.
What is a family doctor?
Unlike other medical professionals who specialize in a particular field or group, a family physician is trained to care for you entirely, regardless of age or gender. This particular doctor can not only diagnose or treat acute and chronic illnesses, but can also provide regular health screenings or lifestyle change counseling in an effort to also prevent illness.
Should you encounter a health condition that does require seeking out a specialist, your doctor can work with you to find a specialist that meets your exact needs. Following medical school, doctors wishing to become a family physician complete a specific residency that focuses on this type of medicine and treating a variety of medical areas and patient demographics. During their residency, the doctor will be trained in:
- Care for all ages: infancy to elderly
- Care for chronic conditions
- Bone and joint care
- Eye care
- Well-Women care
- Mental health
Questions to ask
When choosing any medical professional, it is important to ask questions and make sure you feel comfortable with them as a patient. The same goes for a family physician. Here are just a few of the questions you can ask your doctor before or during your first appointment:
- What are your credentials? This can include finding out where they went to medical school, where they completed their residency, who they have worked for and how long they have been practicing in this specific field.
- How can I contact you directly? It may be important for you to know how you will be able to speak with your doctor directly rather than having to leave messages.
- What records do you need? If this is your first visit to a new medical professional, make sure you have gathered all the information they will need for treatment. Depending on what your appointment is for, different records may be necessary.
Benefits of a Family Physician
There are many benefits to visiting a medical professional like Dr. Fred Leslie. He works with all members of families to treat a variety of issues and works with each member to find the right treatment. Here are some additional benefits to visiting a doctor like Dr. Leslie:
- They have knowledge of the physical factors that can affect the health of a patient as well as the emotional factors that come into play for every relative.
- Their presence is constant throughout your treatment, even if you have to see a different medical professional for a specialty.
- Since they receive and extensively wide range of training, your doctor will be able to diagnose a large variety of illnesses and ailments.
- Your health records are all maintained in one office.
Other Services Offered
Dr. Leslie treats a variety of patients, and his office also offers a variety of services! Some additional services Dr. Leslie can provide for you include:
- Dermatology– The treatment of skin, hair, and nail issues can be an important regular checkup.
- Auto Collision Related Injury– We will treat neck or back pain, inflammation, or sprains caused by a traffic accident.
- Diet and Weight Loss– We can help you make a permanent lifestyle change that will bring results you can see.
- Minor Emergency Care– Going to the ER can be a major hassle for minor injuries. Our office can take care of the minor problems!
- Walk-In Clinic– We help with non-life threatening immediate care when you can’t wait for an appointment to become available.
If you are in the Seminole, Indian Shores, Madeira Beach, and Redington Beach areas, and are searching for a family physician, Dr. Fred Leslie can help. Call today at 727-851-9910 to schedule an appointment, or visit our walk-in clinic during office hours!